Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So true

I often feel like my students truly want me to bang my head against a wall.

I look at them and think "If you only knew how crazy you make me and how hard I continue to try and how pretty much I've wanted a beer at the end of every school day for the past three weeks... if you only knew."

Yesterday after I started this post, I read this from Anne Lamont: "Sometimes I think Jesus watches my neurotic struggles, and shakes his head and grips his forehead and starts tossing back mojitos."


Okay, Jesus probably wins.

I have no doubt that I am worse than my kids. At least me and the big guy have this little shared frustration in common.

1 comment:

Marlee said...

Well, hello there!

I came across your blog and just wanted to tell you that I've become a fan! I'm getting ready to graduate from a Teacher Ed program and I'll be venturing into that wonderfully chaotic career as an Elementary Educator. Your blog is funny, inspiring, and just a good read! Thanks for writing! I look forward to what else is to come.

Marlee

 
Made by Lena