Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Nothing but options... too many

So I've been contemplating a change in scenery. Not really, locale, but scenery. I'm not so sure about this teaching thing right now. I don't know what it is. I was in full teacher mode and then I kind of slowed down and started thinking life options.

Hmmm... what do I want to be when I grow up? I honestly don't know. I don't do well without a plan. Nope, not at all. I like plans. I like structure. I like boxes. I wish I could be cool and fun loving all the time. I think I'm sometimes like an 80-year-old in a 24-year-olds body. Though I guess an 80-year-old probably has the hindsight to know you don't need a box. Point being, I'm a little lost at the moment. Needing some direction.

I've applied for two full-time Teach For America jobs and a handful of other teaching jobs. I've got a phone interview for one job and some emails flying around for others. I guess I just have to decide if I want to teach next year. It's hard to say. I know I can't stay here. Part of me wishes I could, but I can't stomach school without my teacher friends. I don't like not liking my environment. Love my kids, hate my school. Sad times.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what comes of all these job options.

No comments:

 
Made by Lena