Saturday, July 15, 2006

Peace out cub scout

Today was the last day of institute. Actually, last night would be the last official day of school and then follies (think SNL skits with a TFA twist). It was all very sad, but a little anti-climatic. I'll be back at McReynolds in the fall, so it wasn't hard to leave the school and we were so rushed all day that there wasn't really time for tears. I sent my 8th graders out to face the world. I hope they do well. I hope they come back and visit. They ran me ragged this summer, but I learned a lot.

I woke up early (a sad bi-product of my new teacher schedule) and knowing Genevieve wouldn't be close to being up yet, I packed up and planned to drop my stuff at the apartment before coming back to get her. Too bad everyone else had similar packing up plans. Every single cart was being used by those scurrying off to their regions. I ended up taking my stuff down piece-meal to my car and saying goodbye to everyone I ran into along the way.

A few hours later... we returned to Moody to get the rest of Gen's stuff and ran into a bunch of our McReynolds friends. Staff has to stay for an extra couple of days so we got to say goodbye to Tiffany, Julie, Alexa and Jake. Oh Jake, I'm going to miss you. We also got to spend some quality time with Bill Bass whose keys had found their way into Leslie's bag as she drove back to Alabama. Three hours later, Leslie returned with Bill's keys and we said our final goodbyes. I'm going to miss these people so much. There's something to be said for the people who were there for the highs and lows of the first weeks of teaching. I'm sure there will be other bad days, but they've probably (hopefully seen me at my worst).

Though we tried our darndest to just stay at Moody towers and make Institute last forever, Gen and I headed back to our new place (our other roommate Beth is back home in Michigan) to sit on our new beds.

Institute is over and I'm really sad. Five weeks really honestly went by too fast.

No comments:

 
Made by Lena