Monday, October 09, 2006

high heels + new pants = ouch

Oh boy what a day. Here's a math problem for you. What happens when you add a pair of high heels with a pair of new (slightly too long) pants that have a cuff? Um... you fall on the floor infront of your first hour. Besides having some seriously damaged pride, my knee hurts really bad. I somehow managed to hook my heel inside the cuff of my new pants and down I went. The funny thing about my fall is that it was the only time all hour that my class was quiet. They went dead silent the moment I fell.

This was the end of my first hour... my day pretty much followed suit. Every time I tried to take a class the computer lab there was some kind of problem. There was either a class in the lab or the lab wasn't hooked up to printer or the printer didn't have paper... you name it and we encountered it.

So yeah, I was ready to kill my classes for their utter inability to walk through the halls silently, my pride and my leg hurt very badly and overall I'm just kind of exhausted. Good thing it's just Monday. It's days like this that I have to remind myself that it is just one bad day. This day shouldn't represent all of my days of teaching, but it's hard not to just throw my hands up. I just wish my kids would listen to simple directions and follow them. I can't decide if it's me or the kids or the school, but boo to this whole day. That's all I've got to say.

I'm going to go put some ice on my knee...

No comments:

 
Made by Lena