Sunday, August 27, 2006

Better days

So a lot of sleep and some good stories with good friends have made the future look a little bit brighter. I'm apparently not the only one who currently considers their job a small snipit of what hell is like. Which means I'm not an incompetent teacher, I just need to improve some things. Don't worry, I'm not going to pack it in.

Monday is going to be an all new day. I've lesson planned and organized all weekend long and on Monday I'm going to have my stuff together and my kids are going to get theirs together fast. On Monday I've decided if you are going to be disrespectful and talk when your classmates are trying to learn or I am trying to teach then you are proving you haven't earned your spot in our classroom and you don't get to sit. I put tape on the floor yesterday, if they talk then they will stand in the back and listen. Hopefully this will work. We are going to have order because I am seriously done with this crap.

Besides revamping my level of discipline and calling 20 parents to enlist support, I watched one of the sixth grade teachers at my school rock out at an urban poetry show. She was amazing, all of the performers were and it was so great to see some teachers outside the walls of McReynolds. Mr. Matthews is a math teacher who was a faculty adviser this summer and goes to my church. He wasn't going to come back this year, but this week he showed up and is now teaching at the school again. I'm so thankful because he is such a wonderful reminder of faith and he's so willing to help and counsel all the new teachers. I'm going to need a lot of support this year and I'm glad he'll be someone I can lean on.

Okay, now I'm just avoiding lesson planning. Tomorrow we look at verbs.

No comments:

 
Made by Lena