Monday, June 05, 2006

You know how we do

Okay, so most people who spend four years pursuing a journalism degree, then graduate and go into journalism. They do not decide to teach in low income schools and move to Texas. I'm very aware that my current career choice is throwing some people for a loop. I'm also very aware that Texas is very Republican and very meat-friendly (thanks Taylor). I like things a little different.

So here I am, writing to all of you on the eve of my big departure to Houston, Texas where I'll be spending the next two years of my life (probably more like 3-5 if I meet a cowboy) teaching kids who deserve the best and get handed close to nothing and a bunch of excuses instead. This is my first major attempt at being proactive in what I see as wrong in the world. Knowledge is power, so why not start there?

Life said "Sam are you ready to have some fun? Lets try something a little different." And I said "Heck yes! Lets go."

Here we go...

No comments:

 
Made by Lena