Thursday, March 13, 2008

Oh sweet release

Tonight I get to be 24. It's really exciting. I have lived under the assumption that I am actually a 60-year-old running around in a 24-year-old's body. I mean really, I knit and bake and read and get head colds when the temperature changes. I really like being in bed by 10 p.m. and I naturally wake up around 6 a.m. If that doesn't sound like your grandma, I don't know what does.

But tonight, oh tonight friends, on a school night, I am going to a concert at a bar! I can have a beer (because in my 60-year-old state I really can only have one before I get a little tipsy) and listen to good music and stay out way past ten. The great thing about this is I can do this because I don't have school tomorrow. Or the next day or the day after that. So exciting.

I always thought life after college when I wasn't taking a full load of classes and working as an RA for needy sophomores or an RA for even needier pregnant teens would mean going out on week nights and in some ways being more irresponsible (with my newfound income) than I had been in college. Yeah. Then I became a teacher and became exhausted and that never really happened. I am fully looking forward to a week without students, soccer players and administrators. Five days in Mexico and then a weekend to bum around the house, spend extended hours on the patio at Central Market reading and eating their humongous veggie sandwiches. It's going to be pretty sweet to be 24 again.

No comments:

 
Made by Lena