Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ice, ice baby

Today I got an ice day, no school. This is funny for one major reason: we spent days talking about the "ice storm" that was set to hit Houston and nothing really hit us. Yeah, there was a bit of ice, but when I say bit I mean by 2 p.m. there was absolutely no sign of ice. And yet the news casters covered our "ice storm" like it was the coming of the Apocalypse. I swear, the temperature maybe dropped to 30 degrees and the weatherman was calling it an Arctic blast. Arctic blast? Really.

So here I am, sitting at home, sipping hot chocolate, thinking about the fact that my students will be useless blobs tomorrow because they already had Monday off. Oh well, there is a kind of interesting joy in having an unexpected day off.

No comments:

 
Made by Lena