Friday, August 18, 2006

Someone point me to the head banging wall

As a gift one time when I was really busy someone gave me a piece of paper that said "Stress Relief" and had a little target that said "Bang Head Here". I really enjoyed it at the time because I wasn't all that stressed. If I had had it up in my classroom today I'm pretty sure I would have given myself a concussion. I hate Team Time. Like hate it with a burning passion. I also hate scantrons. (No, Francisco, for the 40th time you do not circle the answers on the test, you bubble them in on the scantron!!!) Basically I just hate days where I feel like I'm doing nothing and everyone's time could be better spent elsewhere. Diagnostics aren't really a waste of time, but they're not so fun. Team time, now team time is just insanity. Welcome to my life between the hours of 2:30 and 3:30 every single day. I don't have enough structured activities, the activities I do have work great on the sixth graders but not so well on my recently released from boot camp seventh graders (yes, two of them). They don't listen, they don't participate, they make me want to pull my hair out. It's not really even their fault. Would you want to go sit in a room for an hour for a class you're not getting graded for and no one has really proved to you is worth your wild and do "team builders"?

I just started grading my rules quiz. Oh boy. They don't know the rules. Well, many of them don't know the rules. I think they just put down rules they're used to hearing. Someone put no gum. Someone else put ask the teacher to get out of your seat. Those rules are all very nice, but they're not my four hardcore will not be broken rules. So this weekend I've got to grade, come up with new lessons for my rules and figure out what the heck I'm doing with team time (though we did get a lesson for Monday which is nice). My world is not in utter disorder, but it's going there quick if they can't even tell me the rules.

This weekend I've got to get some better plans. This weekend I've got to get some sleep.

No comments:

 
Made by Lena