Monday, June 19, 2006

Or NOT

Seriously, my first day as a real teacher and I’m not. Instead, the skies decided to open up and rain down with a fury I’ve never seen before. It rained 10 inches in 3 hours and there was flooding throughout Houston (we were on CNN – we as in Houston). We all huddled outside Moody to get on our buses when they finally made the call that school was canceled. I can’t help but be a little happy that I have another day to prep for school. I think I’ve got the first day covered, but there is endless planning ahead with this teacher gig. Planning was my biggest weakness as a journalist. Give me the information and some numbers 45 minutes before a deadline, and I’m your girl, but give it to me a week in advance and watch it all come crashing down on my head. That’s going to have to change.

Oh well, another day another challenge. Tomorrow! Tomorrow friends will be my (new) first official day as a teacher.

No comments:

 
Made by Lena